Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Road Home -- Austin to Lubbock, TX



Well, hello from Lubbock, TX. West Texas is at least a tad bit cooler than life in Austin.

I spent a nice two days relaxing at Marissa's new homestead. I made some salsa, and we ate it all.

We played some bocce, and I slung my hammock between the trees, and hoped for the rain--it sprinkled, but never dumped--the drought continues.




I washed up the Whip for the long ride West. It was a nice treat for the vehicle and myself. I love that car, and it loves me.

The dogs were right at home back in the truck. We hit the road late today, around 2:30pm. We took our time this morning, and I forgot some paperwork back at Marissa's, so we did a bit of a stop and start. Got here to Lubbock around 9:30, and as always the La Quinta is phenomenal. Super nice amenities, no problem with pets, included breakfast, free cable and internet, and a little fridge. We took the dogs for a little romp in a neighboring park, and got some Denny's burgers.

We are hoping to head up to northern New Mexico tomorrow. I am not sure where we shall stop, but if it is nice enough, it may be a camping mission. I am looking forward to getting home. Some of the bullshit of dealing with the logistical aspects of my father's passing (lawyers and the chronic weirdness that they create) are weighing on my mind a bit. However, I continue to take it all as a challenge to continue to grow my self-confidence, and to trust my intelligence and conviction. Also, the phrase "this too shall pass", seems to be a useful reminder. Aside from that, LA has me extremely excited. I feel a bubbling eruption of creativity and possibility emenating from the great expanse of Los Angeles, and I know that I am moving home at the perfect time to be apart of it all.

The road continues to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment