Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grants, New Mexico -- RAIN!!!

Well, we finally got away from the heat, and it was glorious. Oh wait, I started this morning off with a bang: I forgot my bike on my car, drove into the hotel entrance, and totaled my Brooks saddle. It was completely tacoed, and shall now be a great wall ornament. I had that saddle for about 6 years, and it was primed, but so it goes--had to laugh that one off.

Today's drive was sweet and straight ahead. Here is a shot of the road, with a little reggae Miike Snow to accompany the vibe:



The dogs slept as per usual, and Marissa got creative with the panoramic option on my camera (See below). We decided to cut Colorado out, and stay on the I-40--shooting for Los Angeles midday Friday. Hopefully tomorrow we shall stop in Flagstaff to replay a disc golf course we found last winter on our road East. I also, hope to snag a calzone at this Italian joint around the corner from the course, which had great food at great prices.

Godspeed!





ty

No comments:

Post a Comment