Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Possible End of the Slow Trickle

Los Angeles, ahoy!

Well, I am back where I started two years ago. It was a strange and wild voyage, and it feels surreal to be back. Now, is this end of traveling and rambling, slow trickling and dreamstorming? No!

I am making LA my home base, but I am going to take my time about it. I am 100% committed to spending the winter working somewhere snowy and learning how to ski. So I think I will be heading out north in a month or so, to visit friends and family, and then making my way for a nice cold winter.

2012 shall see myself exploding onto the history books of time. There are many thoughts marinating in my mind, and I am confident that Los Angeles is the proper platform and medium upon which to breathe life into these dreamstorms of mine.

Gorlick and I drove a good road with one another. We stopped back in Flagstaff and played a disc golf course, we played last winter. The course was beautiful. We also made it back to a great Italian restaurant called Stromboli's. The freakin' calzones there are massive and super
delicious. It was a treat to be visitors back in a land which was completely immersed in a different season.

We ended the trip with a good hammock camping session at Grand Canyon Caverns. The stars were so bright and clear, and you could see the milky way. I also spend the night swinging in the breeze, and saw my very own shooting star--it was a special little moment.

We took the old Rte 66 for a bit, and came across these series of signs which had some sort of lymric style poem about not drinking and speeding while driving. Turns out they were a slice of Americana, as they were throw backs to the old Burma Shave ads:


Marissa spotted this guy at a gas station, and gave him a bit of the Vulcan, "Live Long and Proper". He was non-communitive.

I may write again on this blog, and I may not. I will have to see how it all shakes out. Perhaps a new blog will best suite a new chapter, but who knows.

I am appreciative of all the love and support I see in my life, and I am super excited to continue to grow in the community of awesomeness which surrounds me.

What is wrong with right now? Nothing! Everything will always be as it should, so quit fucking worrying! Thank you! Hello!


No comments:

Post a Comment